Friday, March 4, 2011

Body Barometer

You know that stereotype of older folks being able to tell when the weather's changing because of the state of their joints? Okay.

So last week, I got to deal with stones in my right kidney.
What it boils down to is: pain, emergency room, pain, dehydration, pain blood tests, pain, ct scan, pain, really good painkiller, let's never repeat that again please ever.
Even though one stone was 1mm in size (roughly as big as the head of a pin) and the other was too small for the radiologist to bother with measuring, they basically shredded the interior of my kidney & pee-tubing. At discharge, my super-awesome nurse Nichole warned me that even after the ordeal was over, I would still feel the soreness and ache from the damage.

Really, what I ended up with is a kind of 6th sense. Like Eliza Thornberry being able to talk with animals, I now have a direction line of communication with my insides. Namely, when I opted for a burger, coke, and fries for lunch today, the very clear message I got was "What in the holy crap have you put in me?!? Jeeeeezuusssssssss! ::anger anger rageragerage::".

Needless to say, I've been repentantly drinking plain water all afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. seems your Dad went through this as did your cousin Anna... get well baby cakes!

    ReplyDelete