Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On Aunty-Mama Lee

I'm not really sure how or when the "aunty-mama" thing got started with my Aunt Lee; the basic idea was that I was somehow really her genetic descendant.

Over the past few nights, both my Dad and his sister Lee have taken up permanent residence in my dreams.

Because everyone else in the world has a grasp of clarity and eloquence that I don't have right now, let's end with links to the words of my Aunts Meredith and Leslie, and a piece of choral music I shared on Tumblr.

For the Love of Lee

Lee

In Remembrance, by Jeffery Ames (W&L University Chorus 06-07)

2 comments:

  1. You are wrapped in love.
    Your Aunty-Mama lee dearly loved you and took pride in the person you had and were becoming.
    Because we are Southern we carry on but because we are family we remember all the good times.
    Wish I could hold you- maybe soon,
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you kid. Got some hugs and kisses right here for you. Aunt Les

    ReplyDelete